Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

Define: 2010

While doing my annual documents purge, I came across a page in my 2010 planner listing things I would like to do in 2010. Amazingly, some of them did happen!

(2011 things to do item: Do not get gigantic, hard-bound planners anymore, no matter how pretty they look. You do not use them anyway.)

1. March to the beat of my own drum - subjective item, therefore DONE!
2. Take up a course in teaching English as a second language - FAIL (I got accepted to another program on distance education, so on further studies - DONE!)
3. Go back to studying French - FAIL (I learned Spanish, so for foreign languages - DONE!)
4. Visit Boracay - DONE! (Thanks to doc Mine, boss Toni and Ivan albazaar)
5. Visit Siem Reap - FAIL
6. Finish "first decor ever", a crosstitched piece I've been working on since January 2009 (gasp!) - FAIL
7. Encode past writings into digital format - FAIL
8. Speak one language at a time (i.e. no Taglish nor Singlish) - removed due to technical difficulties. Is there another way of saying things like "Sige, text mo na lang ako" without using Taglish?
9. Complete my sentences when speaking - Partially DONE, and will carry on in the new year.
10. Reduce my "ummms" (speech nervous habit) - FAIL. In fact, I'm now worse. My training trainers will be disappointed.
11. Eat fruits everyday - DONE. Fruitas counts.
12. Bring baon everyday - FAIL

1 comment:

  1. nothing wrong using english words in a filipino sentence, its part of normal filipino language. nobody speaks tagalog in its pure form anymore. if anyone asks me what language do I speak back home, i would just say I speak filipino and not tagalog

    ReplyDelete