Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 7, 2011

Define: engagement

Aha! Did you come to read my blog with the hopes of finding out "kung kailan kayo makakahigop ng mainit na sabaw?" (quick explanation: this passage roughly translates to "when will you be able to sip hot soup". When spoken in Filipino, it serves as an idiom that relates to the expectation of wedding bells.)

Ever since my fascination with blogging started, I have numerous define: topics running in my head daily. Even when I tell myself that I'm not going to post because I need to rest, I still end up typing thoughts on a notepad. Creativity is very hard to call on demand, I've learned that whenever and wherever it hits you, you have to give in. You just don't know when it's going to hit again.

I'm now officially enrolled to my first term in my Master's program. The course is heavy on asynchronous discussions. Forums, you say? Good for you if you know what an asynchronous discussion really is just by looking at the context clues. I didn't have a clue way back when I first heard it. It had more than one syllable and sounded really fancy that I thought it was a new form of technology.

There's a couple of reading materials, a very detailed course guide that acts like a road map for the next 3 months of this term, and clear descriptions on how performance is going to be measured. As someone who works on learning materials myself, I'm excited to sift through what's available in the system and read through them (possible next post: define: nerd). Even if I've only had a cummulative 8 hours of sleep for the past 3 days, the gears in my brain won't stop running.

It's a great feeling to know that your brain is still capable of being engaged so much that it churns out ideas by the minute. Some brilliant, some not so, all worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment